Item Description: Telecom Senior Fiber Engineer/Electromechanical Coordinator/EM Technician
Dubai Employment Type:Full Time
Minimum Work Experience:0-1 Years
Minimum Education Level:Bachelors Degree
Company Size:201-500 Employees
Company Name:Confidential Description: Telecom company in Dubai is looking for 1. Senior Fiber Engineer : · To work 24X7 in responding any escalations with coordination with FLM-Fiber Team and Networks Monitoring team in resolving any major issues related to Fiber infrastructure affecting Live networks causing service interruption
· Knowledge of DU fiber infrastructure and backbone cables
· Coordinating with teams and providing technical support on ground to resolve the issues
· Coordinating with SLO, SOC, customer and other teams during TT / CR
· Restoration and repair of any cable cut incident occurring on our Fiber Infrastructure causing Network failure, link degradation and service interruption including civil related works.
· Trouble shooting of all Dark Fiber linking third party subscribers locally and internationally
· Trouble shooting & rectification for all escalations related to Fiber connection related issues linking to customer Premises.
· Field experience (OSP – fiber) is a must
· Technically manages to conduct trouble shooting and analyze Optical related issue outdoor and indoor using OTDR [Optical Time Domain Reflectometer] on all types.
· Enable to operate any handheld instrument such as Fusion Splicing, Power & Light meter. VFL [Virtual Fault Locator] and Termination Kit.
· Responsible for the site inspection and investigation in any case related to existing infrastructure
· Mobilization of Emergency Fiber team unit 24/7 to solve any fiber/copper duct route damages, cable cut and network abnormalities and cable incidents’.
· Routine maintenance, securing and keeping all fiber infrastructure safe and out of risk at all time.
· Involved for the supervision in the rectification of fiber complains and incident at residential/commercial partner on a short period of time.
· Responsible for the daily site patrolling and regular reporting.
· Responsible for the Acceptance for OSP & civil infrastructure and fiber installation conforms to network operator’s standard and is fit for operation. 2. Electromechanical Coordinator – Monitoring and dispatching Technician • Receiving emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information.
• Addressing problems and requests by transmitting information and providing solutions
• Receiving Trouble Tickets from customer’s system and dispatching team for alarm rectification.
• Analyze alarms and trouble tickets being handled, provide proper technical feedback / solution if necessary, able to decide which TT’s to be prioritized
• Tracking and maintaining all information related to all trouble tickets even another activities and analyzing repeated issues
• Tracking and maintaining all information related to field teams (tools, assets, access, etc.)
• Timely escalation to management for all critical issues and TT
• Performs joint visit with the team if necessary for further understanding of the issues.
• Experience with Maximo is preferred
• Experience with EM equipment is must (A/C, DC System, UPS, Generators, LV Panel)
• Experience in a Telecom network with a similar nature is a preferable. 3. EM Technician – AC/ Electrical expert . Experienced in troubleshooting, fault finding and fixing various type of air conditioners (Split, package, FCU and brazing copper pipe.)
. Carry out works, task, and duty assigned by Team Leader for Site Preventive Maintenance, Rectification, or if On-call works 24×7.
. Site scheduling considering proximity, access, and challenging sites to be more productive hence to achieve daily sites target.
. Ensure cleanliness at site including (telecom equipment, all electrical equipment and panels, area and A/C both indoor/outdoor, control panel).
. Alarm monitoring, configuring and patching on different technologies (UPS / DC systems). He should ensure that all alarms are working at site via alarm simulations.
. He should be knowledgeable in Electrical, Air-conditioning, to provide concrete resolutions to any matter and Telecom Equipment risk to know the knowledge
. Immediately report important matters to Team Leader and Coordinator most especially when any emergency arise to have more accurate and safe resolution.
. Reporting any concern with the Building Management whenever DU equipment on the building is at risk for both parties.
. Ensure health, safety, and wellness of his team while performing assigned task and maintain good harmonious relationship for his team, other team, management, and company as a whole.
Oct 15, 2020